The dwarf hamster crisis!
So, it’s my birthday today and I got to finish work early which was lovely! I took a visit to see my parents & then came home to relax before the rest of my family came round for more 26th celebrations. As I’m just sat on one of the couches, chilling and having a lovely time, one of my tiny hamsters is swinging around on his carrot-shaped loofah chew apparatus type-toy which hangs from the top of his cage. Anyway, he then gets his claw stuck in the catch of his fave loofah carrot! His poor arm holding on for dear life as I can soon tell he’s lost control of his swinging & chewing game and he’s no longer having much fun at all! I rush over, tell him “hang on, I’m on it” (as if he’s then completely re-assured I’ve got this in hand) I put my nail into the catch to open it enough for his tiny claw to be released and notice something’s up, the little guy’s ‘toe?’ was completely out of shape and kind of bent side-ways. Well, that was it – panic set in! Here’s where I got to experience the customer service provided by Vets4Pets in Corby.
Here’s my customer experience
- Firstly, I used Google to search for the number to which I’m shown the vets4pets number beginning 0845 (not great, but it’s fine)
- Once dialled, you’re connected to Pets at Home (Vets are located in the upstairs of the store) you can then choose your option for the vets – all going well by this point
- Next there’s a real person at the other end of the phone “Hello, Vets4Pets – is your call an emergency or can I put you on hold for a moment?” Felt a bit like I’d dialled 999, but nonetheless really impressed!, “I’m ok to hold” I reply
- Very short hold time and i’m back on the line to the receptionist who sounds kind and willing to hear my story as i ramble on with each tiny detail, “i can book you in a bit later today unless you feel it’s an emergency – Can I take your pets name and your address” – “5.30pm is fine”, I reply, i explain the hamster isn’t showing any signs of distress and he’s running around normal, it’s just his toe? or nail? it doesn’t seem right
- 5.30pm arrives as do I at Vets4Pets and I wait in a queue to check my little fella in
- Atmosphere – lovely, white walls, photos of animals and leaflets, consultation rooms clearly marked and a beautiful ‘groom room’
- As I’m waiting i notice the receptionist handle what seemed like 20 different phones; dealing with one customer and another phone rings – puts customer on hold and answers phone, “Hello, Vets4Pets – is your call an emergency or can I put you on hold for a moment?” then straight back to initial customer
- Around 3-4 minutes later, it’s time to check in. “Ok, so is this Kanye Nest?”, she asks so politely. “No, that’s the other hamster (as i try my best not to go red), this one is Hay-Z”
- We get checked in and take a seat to wait..
- Another 5 minutes pass as i over hear another customer ask if the vet is running late, “around 5 minutes” the receptionist replies (now this would have been that little bit nicer experience to be kept updated; however, I’m on her side! She’s running what I can only witness as a real busy show!)
- The vet soon comes from consultation room 2 and approaches me, “Kanye Nest?” I get up and follow her into the consultation room and don’t correct her until we’re in there, “it’s Hay-Z actually, Kanye is the other”
- She examines Hay-Z, and he is still, doesn’t bite or nibble at all! and shortly after she can see his tiny toes, she makes her decision that it’s the nail – “i’m just going to remove the nail, won’t be a moment” and pops off into another room
- Kanye and the Vet return, both happy and she explains what she’s done and no long-term damage – so off we go back to find out the bill
- Before anything else is said, the lovely receptionist asks straight away, “how is he?” and takes her time to have a look in his cage and say “hello”
- £25 later and Kanye is back home and happy (without his loofah-carrot I might add!)
I have to say, the customer service was really exceptional at Vets4Pets Corby. My experience from dialling the 0845 number to the moment I left i felt nothing but support, listened to and welcomed. Definitely somewhere any pet-lover should go for their vet needs!
why not visit their Facebook page and see for yourself?